|October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. If you need your Clinical Breast Exam done, we have two new Nurse Practitioners in our office; Nicole Rouhana, FNP and Laura Jacobs, FNP. Both Laura and Nicole are accepting new patients. If you are overdue for your annual or are just looking to have your Clinical Breast Exam done, call us and we can get you scheduled!|
Healthy Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies
Need a quick and healthy breakfast on the go? These pumpkin breakfast cookies are perfect! And not to mention, they’re gluten free!
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- ⅔ cup unsweetened, dried cranberries
- ⅔ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl warm Spectrum® coconut oil and honey (either microwave, inside preheating oven or on the stove top).
- In a large bowl combine both kinds of oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ground flax, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add pumpkin puree, eggs and warmed coconut oil and honey. Stir until fully combined.
- Drop about ¼ cup sized scoops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet and flatten (cookies won’t spread while baking). Bake for about 15-20 minutes until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet before moving to an airtight storage container.
Trick-Or-Treating with young kids?
Animal Adventure in Harpursville, NY is a great option for parents who are looking to take their young kids trick-or-treating! Other than having unique animals that your kids will love, they offer a day time trick-or-treating event on both October 15th and 23rd. Click here for more information!
We love to see your children in their costumes on Halloween! Stop by with them in their Halloween costumes on Halloween day and we will be passing out candy!
In support of Breast Cancer Awareness month, we will be wearing pink on the day of your choice. Please go to our Facebook page to let us know what day you want to see everyone in pink (Including Dr. Leuci)!