Minimally-invasive surgery starts with avoiding surgery. We don’t encourage patients to seek surgical treatments, and we don’t utilize techniques that aren’t really necessary and put patients at greater risk or increase the cost of their care. At Greater Binghamton Obstetrics & Gynecology, we offer many minimally invasive techniques, but we hope you don’t need them. If you do, we will try to keep you out of the hospital or at least minimize your stay. We perform many procedures in our office for conditions such as cervical dysplasia, contraception and sterilization, evaluation and treatment of heavy periods, and others. If you need a hospital procedure, most of ours are same day procedures with quick recovery and great cosmetic results. Here’s a list of what we do.
- Intrauterine device
- Lesion removal or drainage
- Hysteroscopy for evaluation of menstrual abnomalities
- Treatment of miscarriage
- Endometrial ablation (Novasure) for heavy periods
- Laparoscopy for ovarian cysts, fibroids or endometriosis
- Laparoscopy for ectopic pregnancy and treatment of miscarriage
- Treatment for urinary incontinence
- Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
Please call (607) 729-5805 if you have questions about appointments, participating insurance carriers, or other issues.