Blueberry Tomato Caprese Salad!
Try out this healthy, super cute recipe for July 4th!
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- firm buffalo mozzarella cheese
Looking for something sweet to bring to a July 4th party or even just to have at home? Try this delicious looking dessert that isn’t heavy and just the right amount of sweet.
July is Laura’s Birthday Month!
If you see Laura this month don’t forget to wish her a very Happy Birthday!
Along with the fun of swimming, vacationing or just spending more time outside in the heat comes some unfortunate and often very uncomfortable situations. Below is a list of some of the most common summer time issues that are faced by women all over. If at any point you experience any of these please do not hesitate to call the office for a quick appointment!
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Symptoms: frequent urination, burning with urination, cloudy or bloody urine, feeling the urge to go despite an empty bladder
- Risk Factors: pregnancy, previous UTI, sexual activity, “holding it” too long (like on a long car ride)
- Management: A true UTI can only be cured with antibiotics. You should have a urine sample tested if you have any of the above symptoms. For comfort, you can drink more water, wipe front to back after using the bathroom, and there is also over-the-counter medication that some women use for bladder discomfort but it should be noted that will not cure the infection.
- Symptoms: itching, burning, thick white discharge (can be “cottage cheese” like”)
- Risk Factors: Pregnancy, Diabetes, Recent or current antibiotics use, sitting in a wet bathing suit too long
- Management: Yeast and Bacteria often present with the same symptoms and therefore without having a culture, it is difficult to determine which treatment you may need. Over the counter medications are often used by our patients but they do not work as well as prescription strength meds and they will not treat a bacterial infection. For comfort, make sure to change into dry, clean clothes, take showers instead of baths, and never douche.
Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) – the most common vaginal infection
- Symptoms: itching, burning, discharge, odor
- Risk Factors: pregnancy, unprotected sex, longer periods, douching
- Management: Most cases can be managed with some bacitracin ointment and avoiding shaving until your rash clears up. However, if you develop a fever or the rash seems to linger, you should call the office for an appointment to make sure it is not caused by something else
Looking for an excuse to celebrate other than July 4th?!
Here are some of the recognized days in July this year to give you just the right reason to celebrate!
- 7/6/19: National Fried Chicken Day
- 7/7/19: World Chocolate Day
- 7/10/19: National Pina Colada Day
- 7/12/19: National Pecan Pie Day
- 7/13/19: National French Fry Day
- 7/14/19: National Mac and Cheese Day
- 7/17/19: National Hot Dog Day
- 7/21/19: National Ice Cream Day
- 7/24/19: National Tequila Day
- 7/29/19: National Lasagna Day
- 7/30/19: National Cheese Cake Day
- 7/31/19: National Avocado Day